[hackerspaces] question about workshop strategy

Florencia Edwards floev22 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 17:53:03 CEST 2013

Hi all, I wanted to ask you how do you do it with the workshops.

1. How do you divide the winnings between the makerspace and the teacher by
percentage?

2. Are all the teachers members? Is it a requirement?

3. Are workshops for members only?

4. If teachers are not members and workshops are not members only, how do
the people that go to the workshop relate to the makerspace. How can they
make community if they only go for some classes.

5. Last question, how can one establish a relationship between workshops
and memberships or members, so they are not two separate things. Sometimes
people who come to our workshops think this is just a building the teacher
is renting, they go to class and never come back to the makerspace. We give
them tours and we even talk about the makerspace when there is a workshop
but they don't have the need to become members, because they can just come
to the workshop and never come back. It's difficult to create a community
that way