[hackerspaces] Any hackerspaces selling electronics to the public?

Bob Baddeley hackerspace-discuss at bobbaddeley.com
Tue Mar 19 17:45:48 CET 2013

At our space (Sector67) we have a locked cabinet with lots of those
things in it. Of course, that means only trusted people can have access
to that locked cabinet to sell things out of. We've considered building
a vending machine for them. Sparkfun has special accounts for
distributors, so you can order them at discount and sell them at the
same price Sparkfun offers them. Pretty handy when your peeps need an
arduino fast and don't want to wait. Not super lucrative, but very
convenient. We also have lots of bins of bare parts and resistors and
random components that have been donated, but we don't charge unless
they're being used in bulk. Basically it's a "don't be a jerk" payment
policy for those things.

bob