[hackerspaces] pick and place..?

Arclight arclight at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 20:12:17 CEST 2013

I lost interest in owning a pick-and-place after I found out that I could
get my 120x200mm board, with about 150 PTH and SMT parts completely
assembled for about US$15/each, at a local shop.

The PnP isn't going to be like a laser cutter, where anyone that takes a
1-hour class will be able to set it up quickly and have good results. It
requires a good amount of fiddling, and it's probably not worth it for very
small runs of stuff.

That being said, if you have a couple of "champions" who want to make lots
and lots of stuff and are willing to "take ownership" of the machine and
it's reels, magazines, etc then it might be a good deal for you.

Arclight