[hackerspaces] Please explain this to me

hellekin hellekin at hackerspaces.org
Wed Jul 24 07:17:12 CEST 2013

On 07/23/2013 11:49 PM, Sam Ley wrote:

> there are so many ways to spin things

*** I like this book[0], and that movie[1]. The movie is in French,
maybe ManHack is on this list and can point to an English translation?

The latter definitely states the Internet was a child of the LSD
generation, while the former proposes a tangential affiliation, from
the first programmer--Ada Lovelace, to the mind amplification gangs of
Los Alamos, and later the Xerox PARC.

That book is a mine of information and puts the movie into an
interesting perspective. Both demonstrate the complexity of building
an instrument of emancipation in a context of warmongering.

Something that should echo at the upcoming OHM...

==
hk

[0] Tools For Thought: http://www.rheingold.com/texts/tft/12.html
[1] Une contre-histoire de l'Internet: