[hackerspaces] Please explain this to me

Don Ankney dankney at hackerco.de
Wed Jul 24 04:36:54 CEST 2013

There are a number of narratives that can apply to hackerspaces; it wouldn't be difficult to write one from the exact opposite point of view, tracing them back to the home brew computer club types of groups, serving as proto-capitalist organizations.

You should feel free to select a narrative that suits your purpose. I suspect given the audience, you can come up with something about technical education or give it a populist "hand up" history.

There are often disagreements about what hacking is, let alone a consensus on our history.