[hackerspaces] Selling 3d printed objects

Joshua Pritt ramgarden at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 22:24:37 CEST 2013

I think by giving it away as a promotional tool is worth way more than the
value of the plastic they take away.  So as long as people don't order 1000
prints of a single item or something and as long as you're not spending
money to pay for the plastic or anything that would normally go towards
your space's bills then I wouldn't worry too much about the cost or
charging people for it.  If your space runs heavily on donations or
something then I would ask them for donations yes.  Otherwise giving it
away for free and to tell their friends is worth a lot in terms of
publicity and marketing.