[hackerspaces] Hackerspace crisis plan

David Francos me at davidfrancos.net
Tue Jan 22 12:08:12 CET 2013

Hi there.
I'm from DegeneratedLabs, Zaragoza (Spain) Hackerspace.
It's probably the first time I write here, tought I've been lurking for a
while.

We've got a 2-year old hackerspace here, with a nice-as-hell space, but
we've recently lost almost all of our members (three remaining, not much
money)

We're thinking on alternative economic support stuff, we've got a few nice
things (a 3d printer, two floors (one of them mostly used as a workshop and
the other a a source for talks etc), lots of hardware, tools, fridges coffe
machines, a huge library...)

Aside from that, we've got very poor access to people (We are currently
FOUR people!).

We don't have a very good online image, but we're constantly moving it IRL,
trought talks and so on.

Could you give us any guidance on how to proceed to avoid the hackerspace's
death? Is there any crisis plan developed that can be a little generic to
them?