[hackerspaces] Tips and Tricks (Was Women in Makerspaces)

webmind webmind at puscii.nl
Fri Jan 18 17:00:29 CET 2013

Not just for women, enough men prefer to sit (something in relation to
how water drops with a certain velocity change their course after impact
with a toilet :).

I'm quite happy that the toiletcleaning is not a member-responsbility
(they fall outside the space and the building-manager is responsible),
considering how clean our space in generally kept :)

ciao,

On 2013-01-18 16:08, spider wrote:

> Another tip, for letting women feel more comfortable to stay in your
> space. It's a practical one, and even an easy one. Keep the toilets
> clean! Since women need to sit down for everything, it's welcoming to
> find a clean toilet without sticky floors and seats. Personally I don't
> care if a space is cluttered, but a dirty toilet (and kitchen if there
> is one) doesn't make me want to be there for a couple of hours. ;-)
>
> The lazy trick is to have hygienic wipes available in each toilet, so if
> anyone does feel uncomfortable to sit down, you can easily clean it
> yourself.
>
> Grtz,
> Spider

GPG-Key: 4096R/FCF154AE 2008-10-19 [expires: 2013-08-29]
Key fingerprint: 0506 976E 2346 53B4 A628  EC33 E23D 16EE FCF1 54AE
Key URL: https://u2m.nl/data/FCF154AE.asc