[hackerspaces] Tips and Tricks (Was Women in Makerspaces)

spider spider at spiderwebz.nl
Fri Jan 18 16:08:37 CET 2013

Another tip, for letting women feel more comfortable to stay in your
space. It's a practical one, and even an easy one. Keep the toilets
clean! Since women need to sit down for everything, it's welcoming to
find a clean toilet without sticky floors and seats. Personally I don't
care if a space is cluttered, but a dirty toilet (and kitchen if there
is one) doesn't make me want to be there for a couple of hours. ;-)

The lazy trick is to have hygienic wipes available in each toilet, so
if anyone does feel uncomfortable to sit down, you can easily clean it
yourself.

Grtz,
Spider