[hackerspaces] Firearms in Hackerspaces?

Mark Atwood me at mark.atwood.name
Thu Jan 17 00:37:04 CET 2013

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 2:25 PM, Pavol Luptak <wilder at trip.sk> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 10:15:51PM +0100, Olle Jonsson wrote:
>>    Thanks, Mr Weiss.
>>    In Sweden, where I live, civilians are not allowed to carry firearms or
>>    knives (not even pen-knives). Also non-lethal weapons such as mace
>
> Also Slovakia!
>
> This is quite interesting - just yesterday I found out that in my country
> (Slovakia) and also in Czech Republic there are no restrictions on any knives /
> swords (and their sizes) - compared to the other countries in the EU where are
> quite 'knife' strict restrictions, see:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knife_legislation
>
> And no one (as I know) was ever thinking about their ban.
> They are just natural tools like any others.

Geeze.  I just read that wikipedia entry. The pocket knife I carried
every day from when i was 8 years old is a crime in much of Europe,
and the multitools I have in my pocket and on my belt and in my
backback are also a crime to possess.

Do you guys *REALLY* have that much fear of "scary things that might
hurt someone"?

..m