[hackerspaces] Firearms in Hackerspaces?

Phillip Rhodes motley.crue.fan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 18:48:41 CET 2013

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 12:46 PM, Lokkju Brennr <lokkju at gmail.com> wrote:
> Phil, as a note - I agree with you...  but in my view, that right applies to
> your own property or public property.  Once you are on someone else's
> property, you are abiding by their rules, or else you are trespassing.  I'd
> be against such a rule, but if it was made, any argument about rights would
> be a non-starter, based on it being private, or privately managed, property.

Yes, I'm aware of that, and that's why I chose to phrase my message
the way I did.
Certainly a private property owner (including an organization) can
impose whatever
rules they want, on their property.  What I'm saying is, that as a
member of our local
hackerspace, I would argue vehemently against implementing a ban on
firearms, because
I think everyone should be allowed to exercise their right to self
defense.  This is, obviously, strictly
a separate discussion from anything about government regulations, the
2nd Amendment, etc.

Thanks,

Phil