[hackerspaces] MyHackerspace status Android app

Georges Kesseler georgeskesseler at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 9 00:58:51 CET 2013

At syn2cat we run in automatic open mode.
But there is a delay. On entry, if you don't want to announce presence,
you can push a button. It has a nice blinking light inviting to push. If
not, the status goes to "open" after 30 seconds. We don't have a
distinction between open for members or open for anyone.

If you don't want the app to display to the world if the space is open,
just don't announce that on the API as the API is already open to the
world. The app only gives easier access compared to knowing an URL.

Georges