[hackerspaces] Is this a hackerspace?

Yves Quemener quemener.yves at free.fr
Wed Jan 2 21:29:43 CET 2013

On 02/01/13 20:53, William Reyor wrote:
> I think you'll find that knowledge sharing, education, and community
> also play key roles in many spaces. And depending on the space that will
> vary tremendously.

Yes, but a non-profit that only does education, while commendable, is
certainly a different project. Grenoble's one started as an offspring of
such a non-profit, but it became quickly apparent that these two missions
(making and teaching) were different and attractive to different people.

Well, this was just my 2 bitcents, but I must say that when I try to
determine if a place is a hackerspace, the first thing I do is to look at
its projects.