[hackerspaces] Is this a hackerspace?

James Arthur iam at jamesarthur.info
Wed Jan 2 20:49:45 CET 2013

I think you have these criteria:

A subset of the community would like more depth information on
Hacker/Makerspaces, specifically related to their Governance, For/Non
Profit Status, Operations, and more (Classes Offered?, Facilities,
Services, Membership, Fee Structures, Etc.)

It sounds to me like this Wiki needs to evolve into a more detailed
database/web app, with proper forms for new folks to fill out, and proper
filters on the front end for folks browsing through the site.  I think
cutting out groups because they don't meet certain criteria could be
problematic down the road, for both new applicants AND the moderators.

Now, if organizations were found to be lying, or misleading then that would
be cause for alarm/removal.

James

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 2:42 PM, Buddy Smith <buddy.smith at ieee.org> wrote:

> I think a line should be drawn somewhere. The list is HUGE. At some point,
> we need a way to get a higher "signal to noise" ratio. If we allow anyone
> and anything to be listed, the list will become useless.
>
> Perhaps we should try to set up a group of people whose sole job is to
> moderate the wiki, and remove spaces that don't meet certain guidelines.
> I'd happily participate in that group.
>
> --buddy

*James Arthur*
857.318.1866