[hackerspaces] Introducing Tampa HackerSpace

Bill Shaw toppsoft at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 13:23:50 CEST 2013

Hello everyone!

I would like to introduce a new HackerSpace in Tampa, FL.

We formed a non-profit called Inspiration Labs in March of this year to
pursue the creation of hackerspaces in the Tampa Bay area. I'm pleased to
announce we are now opening a facility in an old cigar factory in the heart
of Tampa. We have about 1600 square feet of space to start.

It is still early days for us. Acquiring the space is a huge milestone. We
are now making room for the donated equipment and making plans to setup
fabrication, textile, and electronics labs. We have started regular
meetings at the beginning of this month and are now actively scheduling
classes.

I've been lurking on the discuss list here for many months and really
appreciate the camaraderie and knowledge displayed. It would have been even
harder to start up without the resources I've found on this list and the
hackerspaces.org website.

I've created a wiki page in the directory which you'll find here:
http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/Tampa_HackerSpace

Regards,
Bill Shaw