[hackerspaces] International Space Apps Challenge

Dave tallycast at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 02:55:04 CEST 2013

Hey Jerry - the Tallahassee Makerspace, Making Awesome, was a proud and
successful site for the International Space Apps Challenge. We had 36
registrants who turned into 24 participants. They turned into 8 teams who
each did projects of note. Our three judges; all people of standing among
those who make, picked 2 for international competition. Each of the two
projects are, from my perspective, worthy of international competition.

In addition, several other projects won local prizes. Two of our local
winners are in high school. Their projects weren't even a little bit
shabby.

My favorite project (not one of the national winners) was all about
metadata. I live in library land where metadata is what it's all about.

We found a young video hero on reddit and a culinary hero in my scotch
club.

I'll post stories and photos on makingawesome.org when I get a chance.

Thanks for being awesome your-own-self. My visit to MauiMakers was the
spark that ignited Making Awesome.