[hackerspaces] Boston Marathon explosions.

Nils Hitze nhitze at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 10:25:57 CEST 2013

> > we care for each other, right?
>
> I heard from a source I can't remember that a pair of security guards to
> a Middle East based hack space were attacked, possibly killed, a little
> while ago, yet I can't find any caring discussion about it here

Also http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-22149863 - 31 died in
another explosion
in Bagdhad. Afaik there is a new Hackerspace too, thx to Bilal Ghalib.

Dunno if they're on the list yet - hope they are ok.

http://www.gemsi.org/2012/10/my-week-with-the-baghdad-hackerspace-crew/

> Shit like this happens all the time around the world, to human beings
> just like you and me, yet some how that's not important. It's only when
> it happens so close to something we're related to, like a country or
> city we reside in, with attached multimedia horror shots, then somehow
> it's sensitive and important for the world to hear.

Word

Let's flip this around and make it on topic. What could a hacker do to
> prevent such a thing from happening? How would a hacker do that without
> turning where they live into a military state?

Explosions Sniffers wouldn't help i guess, because we could need those for
Zero Mines too.

http://zeromines.org/

And i am 100% with you - asking if everyone is ok is just one part of being
human,
fixing the broken status quo is part of being a Hacker (imho)

> --
> Rubin
> rubin at starset.net

Nils Hitze