[hackerspaces] Next steps -

James Carlson james at schoolfactory.org
Mon Apr 15 03:06:37 CEST 2013

Yves, we are friendly with the folks from Chaos Computer Club in general,
who gave us a spot at Camp in '11 to present on Space Federation. We're
trying to work with Francois Taddei at the Center for Interdisciplinary
Research at U. Descartes to get a space rolling in Paris sometime this
year. Beyond that are just individual contacts with some of the spaces in
EU.

As to the wider discussion, if we can separate the problem into:
* where to host / who to admin the hackerspaces.* domains and
* what to do with the content on the sites and how to manage community
participation to maintain/improve that content

Are there docs anywhere on what all is running on the servers? Specs and
whatnot? Pardon me if I've missed this information from prior in the thread.

Is there a way we could set up a trust model for access control to the
content, so the community can take a larger role in posting content and
keeping things up to date? I know the wiki is relatively open but I don't
know about the rest of the *.hackerspaces.* components or how they are
managed.

We've been using OpenAtrium for managing / communications on the Space
Federation community (https://atrium.schoolfactory.org/spacefed) which has
a wiki, project management and discussion threads and allows for email-only
participation.