[hackerspaces] Next steps -

Yves Quemener quemener.yves at free.fr
Mon Apr 15 02:51:51 CEST 2013

Thanks for the summary and my apologies to Sean, as I apparently answered
to a debate he was not taking part in. I did not miss the genesis of the
conversation but did indeed get lost in its forkings, sorry.

But am I missing another thing if I say that simply owning the
hackerspaces.* domains just involved managing DNS records and is not really
a big problem or a big task, as long as the servers are maintained by the
current team?

I don't really understand why the people currently controlling the servers
should not also own the domain names. Alternatively, Matt Joyce proposed to
take them, why wouldn't that be a proper solution?

Making a whole organization only for deciding to which IP
*.hackerspaces.org points to seems way overkill.