[hackerspaces] Hackerspaces Re:Foundation (was Re: Abuse Of Power)

hellekin hellekin at hackerspaces.org
Sun Apr 14 14:56:40 CEST 2013

On 04/13/2013 09:44 PM, Matt Joyce wrote:

> And the benevolent dictator model is definitively non-sustainable.

*** The Linux kernel seems very much sustainable to me.

> 2.  What is hackerspace.org but a shared resource?  It is a shared
>  map, wiki, and mailing list today.  But at it's heart it is a
> shared resource of the hackerspaces communities of the world.  I
> would argue that as a shared resource it is not a very good one.
> In fact, I'd be willing to say that aside from the map, there's not
>  much use or by in on any other shared resource hosted by
> hackerspaces.org.

*** That's the first step to solving it. Maybe you can share what you
have in mind to make it a better resource.

> This is off topic.

*** That is just context. Sorry to live on planet Earth.

> All it is, is a shared resource repository for hackerspaces. If it
>  can be more than that, it starts by limiting scope to a specific
> mission.

*** I hear you. You want to define that mission. Please, go ahead.

> You keep expanding the scope.

*** You keep avoiding to focus on the scope you want to refer to. I
trust our list members to be able to digest the food for thought and
come with their own decision making. I think cooperation is all about
hackerspaces.org. Besides, the fact that I suggested a legal entity
may not be the solution does not mean it's not, nor that your position
is wrong. It means that I want to provoke discussion and to hear your
arguments (and, obviously other people's). Please don't lose the focus
of your purpose.

==
hk