[hackerspaces] Hackerspaces Re:Foundation (Was Re: Abuse Of Power)

Mark Janssen dreamingforward at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 22:55:25 CEST 2013

On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 1:51 PM, Brian McConnell <bsmcconnell at gmail.com> wrote:
> While I like the idea behind hacker spaces, I don't like the politics and
> drama that always seems to go along with them.
>
> Adios.

This is so bizarre, this is the same dynamic that happened in the
Occupy movement.

Here's my argument:  You can't get rid of the drama because you're
already in a nation-state that murders people in your name.   A
nation-state that is clinically bi-polar, sociopathic with episodes of
psychopathology.   Hackerspaces I see as a sort of sancutary against
the madness, but when money comes up, so does its history that's been
swept under the rug.

MarkJ