[hackerspaces] Abuse Of Power

Mark Janssen dreamingforward at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 21:32:32 CEST 2013

On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 11:45 AM, Matt Joyce <matt at nycresistor.com> wrote:
> Best of luck either way.  Sick and tired of drama as always.

Now that I've sent things out, I will tell you that what's happening
the the hackerspace community is exactly what happened with us in
Santa Fe -- the decentralization came to a breaking point that it
didn't know how to fix -- most revolving around funding but also about
power.

The only way to fix the situation is for the hacker*space* to have a
*memory*.  All sorts of cool things were moving in and out of sf_x,
but once the people left and the event was done, there was no trace,
so it build no momentum.  The pangaia project is/was the solution to
that, but I couldn't get a prototype done in time to demonstrate it to
our board of directors before we got kicked out of the building over
land-ownership issues.  You can see what's left at sfcomplex.org.

In absence of a internet version, the paper version given to hellekin
is sophisticated enough to demonstrate a proof-of-concept.  All that's
needed is a dedicated corkboarded wall space.

Please talk to me as I'm committed to make this model work and to
transition the economic system into a new creative economy.

Mark Janssen
Tacoma, Washington.