[hackerspaces] Hackerspaces Re:Foundation (Was Re: Abuse Of Power)

Mark Janssen dreamingforward at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 21:17:01 CEST 2013

On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 12:04 PM, hellekin <hellekin at hackerspaces.org> wrote:
> The main concern, as you nailed it, is available spare time, and the
> lack of regular concerted action. These things come and go. Priorities
> change. Efforts fade into oblivion. Without a clear pattern,
> cooperation only occur at the margins. Of course we can always do better.
>
> For my tiny part, I'm saddened with the uselessness of the
> Hackerspaces planet. There was a brief interest in it a few months
> ago, but instead of working together on making it right, it forked
> into two moribund projects. The solution seems pretty simple: have the
> planet automated from the entries in the wiki.
>
> I'm not sure though, that incorporating a foundation would help bring
> attention back. I'm not sure either it wouldn't. Thought?

Dude, I'm going to tell you exactly what you need to do.  You're going
to have to trust me which I know is about impossible, but the whole
movement is on the verge of death.

Implement the paper version of this:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lwEjIWAbirDmkeaboq7a0Dr9oBRgpBqwIeyUUod8quE/edit?usp=sharing

This is a very sophisticated self-organizing system that will allow a
hackerspace to gather the momentum it needs to continue.  You can read
more about it here:  pangaia.sourceforge.net.  It is not in the public
domain, I'm giving it only to hackerspaces.

Please write or call if you  have questions....

mar|cos
somewhere in the boundless