[hackerspaces] Abuse Of Power

Paul Bohm bohmps at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 19:18:41 CEST 2013

I've just received messages suggesting how I should respond to straw-man's,
and how it's important.

But it's simpler than that, I've given up the domain metalab.at and given
it to Metalab many years ago because I knew it would be in good hands
there.

Despite moving to a different country and being less involved with the
scene, I've held on to the domains hackerspaces.org hackerspaces.com
hackerspaces.net because there were some very ugly power struggles that I
didn't speak up about at the time.

I'm no longer as actively involved with the hackerspaces scene and I've
been wanting to hand over the reigns including domains to people who are
capable of cooperation for years. This hasn't been possible, and now even
doing maintenance on the site causes backstabbing.

A mentor told me many years ago that if people say ugly things in private
that they'd rather not hear said in public, the answer to that is to
communicate in public even if it makes you look bad too. I'm sticking to
that.

-enki