[hackerspaces] Abuse Of Power

Paul Bohm bohmps at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 18:03:48 CEST 2013

Astera,

I've had two people who were doing core work on the site complain about you
removing their access without consulting anyone. You don't have that
authority.

And I remember very well that night at CCC Congress 2008, where you told me
how much you enjoyed the attention you get, because you've set things up in
such a way that they have to go through you to accomplish things. I told
you back then that's at odds with a philosophy of participation.

I am not actively maintaining the site right now, but I am unhappy that it
has been so badly maintained that people regularly email me offering money
to fix things like the broken pagination.

I'll stay out of this as much as possible, but I'll do what I can do
empower people to actual repair the site and build upon it. There's a lot
of people (like Eric) who use the site on an almost daily basis, so it
needs to work.

</soap>

-Enki