[hackerspaces] ping from Lamba Labs Beirut Hackerspace

Bassam Jalgha bassam at depotbeirut.com
Sun Apr 7 20:04:17 CEST 2013

Hello hackerspaces of the world!

I am Bassam from Lamba Labs Beirut Hackerspace (LLBH). We have been open
since mid-september thanks to efforts from Gemsi <http://www.gemsi.org/>.
We are the first hackerspace in Beirut and one of the early ones to open in
the middle eastern Arab region. You can check our wiki
http://lambalabs.org<https://lambalabs.org/doku.php> ,
twitter @lambalabs <https://twitter.com/lambalabs> or facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/LambaLabs> and
can read about us
here<http://www.wamda.com/2013/02/can-a-hackerspace-in-beirut-spread-do-ocracy>
and
more about Arab hackerspace
here<http://www.wamda.com/2013/04/9-hackerspaces-changing-the-arab-world>
.

As you can see we are trying to make an impact on our community by
spreading the maker culture through an open space aiming to share knowledge
and tools. Something that is very challenging considering the difficulties
that we face on a daily basis, however it is our community support that is
keeping us running.

Currently we are planning to run a kickstarter campaign and would like to
have your help. We don't know who to reach out to exactly and how in order
to spread the news about us and the kickstarter (blogs/tech websites/etc).
If anybody out there has any experience with this and can help us out we
would be very thankful!  Feel free to contact me personally or via this
mailing list.

if anybody  is coming to Beirut sometime in the future, don't hesitate to
look us up and pass by our space.

Cheers,
Bassam Jalgha