[hackerspaces] Idea: things.hackerspaces.org now that Thingiverse is not ok anymore

Sparr sparr0 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 18:01:08 CEST 2012

On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 10:53 AM, Walter van Holst <walter at revspace.nl> wrote:
> Since MakerBot and by extension Thingiverse are starting to enclose commons
> (see:
> http://blog.hackerspaces.org/2012/09/23/the-makerbotthingiverse-move-to-the-dark-side/),
> I think it might be worth entertaining the idea of a 3D-design repository.

Has anyone gotten an actual lawyer's opinion of the new TOS? I do not
see that the new language is significantly different from the old
language. The new TOS doesn't say they can use your designs to make
new closed source hardware, they are still only allowed to use it to
display it on their website.