[hackerspaces] New Member Vetting

Joshua Pritt ramgarden at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 00:34:25 CEST 2012

At Makers Local 256 we have a paper application form that two board members
have to sign.  But you have to show up and hang out and actually get to
know everyone while everyone gets to know you.  Because we don't advertise
who the board members are you have to hang out enough to figure out who
they are AND get two of them to sign your application.
I don't think we've had anyone try to apply where no two board members
would sign but that's always a possibility if they were giving out bad juju.

Also I don't think we check IDs so the address and phone on our application
could very well be forged if someone were so inclined.  Maybe we should
start checking IDs?  I'll add this to our discussion at our next meeting.