[hackerspaces] Fwd: webpage infra

Richard Frankum richard.frankum+ths at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 08:41:57 CEST 2012

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 3:22 PM, ITechGeek <itg at itechgeek.com> wrote:
> Is the Hackerspace in question tokyohackerspace.org?

It is indeed!

> If so, I think the site is good.

Hahhah, but you're just seeing the front end!

> (And I could check w/ someone from
> HacDC to see if he still has the script for importing posts & users
> from Drupal to WordPress that he used if you're interested).

Definitely. Although I suspect it would need to account for version
changes. How long ago did HacDC switch?

> I do definitely like the English translation ability on the site,
> prior to seeing that I could only understand the menubar and the
> techie stuff (=

Yeesh. We forgot to localize the menubar? Time to file a bug report...
There's no actual "translation" for the site, just localized message
strings. Over half of our actual content (event listings, meeting
notes) is in English. Knowing how frustrated I get with Google
Translate with J-E, we're not going to add the ability anytime soon
either. :)

--Richard