[hackerspaces] Fwd: webpage infra

Yvan Janssens ik at yvanj.me
Tue Oct 16 08:16:10 CEST 2012

See inline comment.

2012/10/16 ITechGeek <itg at itechgeek.com>

> Arclight,
>
> I don't think that is too bad of an example, I would probably consider
> making the Wiki use more of the page width wise (probably as wide as
> the menubar) and maybe set-up a wiki template that could be used that
> drops the sidebar when accessed from an iframe (I believe that is
> possible?!?!?!?).

It is also possible to integrate MediaWiki in certain engines - if I recall
correctly, there are drupal/WordPress plugins to "embed" a MediaWiki
without an iFrame, effectively scraping the contents server-side.

I have no experience with those, but it's worth a try.

> On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 2:06 AM, Arclight <arclight at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I like Wordpress plus a Wiki. You can use Wordpress with a theme to
> > generate the main page, then have a page that loads your Wiki in a
> > frame and/or spawns a new window. My business/project site is a badly
> > maintained example, but you can get the idea:
> >
> > http://accxproducts.com
> >

> > Arclight
> >
> > On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 10:32 PM, Frantisek Apfelbeck
> > <algoldor at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >> Hi Richard,
> >> Just a quick one. Are you really sure that the WordPress will suit you
> best?
> >> I'm no expert on the topic at all but I have seen two of the
> hackerspaces
> >> which I was involved with lately getting rid off their WordPress format,
> >> mostly because of the amount of time which had to be dedicated to the
> upkeep
> >> so things looked kind of up to date + the length of the posts. So I was
> just
> >> wondering because generally the wiki pages are quite favoured by
> >> hackerspaces ...
> >>
> >> Best of luck, I have copied friend who is very good in WordPress as BCC
> so I
> >> hope he may give you some tips ...
> >>
> >> Sincerely,
> >>
> >> Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck
> >>
> >> PS For me both WordPress and Wiki works good I think it is great to
> have a
> >> combination - if you want to report on some cool event for example,
> >> WordPress seems great, for day to day activities, continuous evolving
> >> project Wiki seems like the way ...
> >>
> >> biotechnologist&kvasir and hacker
> >>

> >> http://www.frantisekapfelbeck.org
> >>

> >> "There is no way to peace, peace is the way." Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

|_|0|_|   Yvan Janssens
|_|_|0|   http://j.mp/yvanjanssens
|0|0|0|