[hackerspaces] Help me make it happen for 'hackert0wn' on Indiegogo

Matt Joyce matt at nycresistor.com
Wed Oct 3 22:53:20 CEST 2012

http://www.archdaily.com/27386/platoon-kunsthalle-graft-architects/

I'd like to point out a couple things.

Note the foundation, roof, electrical... etc.

Also note that this was built in Seoul South Korea.

Also note that no cost estimate was included.  My guess is they spent
more than 1.5 mil USD equivalent even in Seoul.

This might give you an idea of just how much of an operation this was:

concept design: PLATOON cultural development
architectural consultancy: GRAFT architects + Baik Jiwon
executive architect: U-il Architects & Engineers
prefab engineering: Ace special container, Korea
structural engineering: MIDAS IT, Korea
interior design: URBANTAINER, Korea
main contractor: Hyojung construction & development, Korea
location: 97-22, Nonhyeon-dong, Gangnam-gu,Seoul, Korea

NOTE: Graft assisted Platoon in the architectural development of the
Kunsthalle, which is based on the signature container modules as
developed by Platoon for their first container setup in Berlin. The
optimized arrangement of the containers in Seoul was developed in
brainstorming sessions between Platoon and Graft and developed and
illustrated by Graft.
The interior design finishes and furniture are developed by Platoon
and Baik Jiwon.

-Matt