[hackerspaces] OpenStack Women's Outreach Program

Matt Joyce matt at nycresistor.com
Thu Nov 29 22:01:30 CET 2012

I was at our design summit in October.

I took some photos of the problem that we have:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/openfly/8095080694/in/photostream

Basically, there are not enough female developers in our community.
We don't know why that is.  But we are trying to do some outreach, as
are a few other open source software projects.

If you know any young women in college or high school who are looking
to establish themselves with a career in software engineering, this is
a great opportunity to get some real resume fodder.  And in our field
supply of viable candidates is massively outweighed by demand for them
in available jobs.  So, there's that.

Anyways.  If you know anyone pass it on.

http://www.openstack.org/blog/2012/11/openstack-outreach-program-for-women-accepting-candidates/

-Matt