[hackerspaces] Member Storage

James Arlen myrcurial at thinkhaus.org
Mon Nov 5 18:08:05 CET 2012

think|haus lucked into a generous donation of wooden "top and bottom
locker" cabinets very early on. They were moved to our new|haus and have
worked well for the last three years.

Recently, we've been having to consolidate some of the lockers used for
general storage (unSticky, Cleaning, PowerTools1 & 2, etc.) so that we
have enough for members.

Problems include:

- The doors are keyed and we've lost a few keys along the way to former
members who couldn't be bothered to return them.

- Some projects won't fit into the lockers. There are a few of these
that have reached the "dusty" stage that Ben speaks of and we really
need to find a way to deal with them.

- We will run out of lockers at some point (fairly soon I think) and
we'll need another solution -- along with some more space for members
and alternative storage solutions!

I think that there is no "perfect" solution to the problem, just a
series of less-than-perfect-but-good-enough solutions.