[hackerspaces] Member Storage

David Powell davepow16 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 18:04:29 CET 2012

At Baltimore Hackerspace <http://www.baltimorehackerspace.com> we use these
wire shelving racks with wheels.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/alera-wire-shelving-unit-w-casters-48-x-18-4-shelves-black/prod4980150.ip

We have clear plastic bins that fit perfectly on these shelves. Each member
can have their own bin. Some members have 2 or three bins. We don't really
care as long as everything is neatly placed in the  bin and properly
labeled.

We have a rule that we just put in place. We keep a registry of items in
our hackerspace on google docs. Everything that comes into the space must
be logged. If it does not get logged it eventually finds its way to a lost
and found box by the front door which gets emptied once a month. So if your
projects are not in your bin or logged into the registry it may end up
being thrown out after 30 days. If we think the stuff in the box has value
it becomes the property of the space and gets put into the proper
hackerspace owned bins.