[hackerspaces] Spark 181 – Mitch Altman says hackers could raise $10mil

Ian Cole ian.cole at gmail.com
Thu May 10 12:42:34 CEST 2012

FamiLAB runs a regular Young Makers program - we've taught soldering,
arduino, etc. The program is free to all, not restricted to FamiLAB members.

We run it as a "program" out of the space, and most of the program
organizers are FamiLAB members with kids. It gives us a way to integrate
our commitments to both our hackerspace and our kids...

My goal at these events is to quickly teach the parent and then let them
teach the child - done right, they both learn and have a great time
together - which almost always leads to a desire to do it again.