[hackerspaces] Repair Cafes - A great idea for hackerspaces

Mars brown itcamefrommars at gmail.com
Wed May 9 21:07:42 CEST 2012

I know those signs...
Perhaps it should be
"100$ for me to fix it, 50$ for you to watch, and 25$ for you to learn and
do it yourself!"

The space I'm working on getting going is temp on hold a bit... mostly
because it quickly became a dozen people wanting to come by 3 times a week
wanting me to "help" build stuff... breaking point was a particularly nasty
attitude person pissed off and storming around complaining to everyone
because I couldn't focus on just her project.  :(  the next week we went
from a dozen people showing up to 3 (including me)

I do like this idea - and I would totally be into this if I were there...
but anyone I helped wouldn't be able to get away without getting an earful
of how to and this is a ____ and you can use a meter to test this like
this... etc etc.