[hackerspaces] Guy I met is trying to build a unified transhuman group

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:17:21 CET 2012

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 6:14 PM, Willow Brugh <willow.bl00 at gmail.com> wrote:
> After years of being really invested in the H+ community, I got kind of
> jaded. The idea of "in the Future, everything will work!" that prevails is
> tiresome. It's what finally brought me to hackerspaces... people who are
> actually making a future instead of privileged white kids sitting around
> discussing what other people have built. Maybe it's changed by now. That
> would be cool.

Hasn't really changed.. the main orgs are completely dysfunctional
and, somehow, still fundraising. There's no need to have "the best
team" or "the best hackers" in non-profits, because philanthropists
dump money for different reasons.. it's also why there's 100s of
cancer orgs that do the same thing. Reminds me of that definition of
insanity.

disclaimer: served as R&D director at H+ for a while

- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/
1 512 203 0507
irc.freenode.net ##hplusroadmap