[hackerspaces] Commodore spare parts needed! ;)

asbesto asbesto at freaknet.org
Mon Mar 5 13:54:22 CET 2012

Hi there,

At our Computer Museum we're restoring old Commodore computers
like this:

http://museo.freaknet.org/index.php/Commodore_CBM_8296

but also other items like C64, VIC20, PLUS4, VIC16, PET 2001 and
other stuff are listed for a restoration.

So we're in search of spare parts. This include everything,
from broken keyboards (to recover spare keys, cables etc.) to
cases, tape recorders, manuals, etc. etc.

The most important thing we searc are INTEGRATED CIRCUIT, they
are made by MOS Technology (Commodore, actually), and they are
proprietary chip used in Commodore computers. A partial but not
exaustive list include chips like 6502, 6510, 6520, 6522, 6581,
6509, a list of PROM and PAL chips etc. etc...

They can be kinda expensive to buy on Ebay and some of them
can't be found anymore.

This can also be the same for Sinclair, because we have some of
them that need to be fixed...

So, if any of you have a broken part or a broken computer or
some chips in his garage, please consider donating us some
pieces!

Any hint about restoration is appreciated! Thank you all!

asbesto / poetry hacklab / Museo dell'Informatica Funzionante

--
[ ::::::::: 73 de IW9HGS : http://freaknet.org/asbesto ::::::::::: ]
[ Freaknet Medialab :: Poetry Hacklab : Dyne.Org :: Radio Cybernet ]