[hackerspaces] Startups from Hackerspaces

maxigas maxigas at anargeek.net
Tue Jun 19 15:39:37 CEST 2012

From: Jerry Isdale <isdale at gmail.com>
Subject: [hackerspaces] Startups from Hackerspaces
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 15:21:45 -1000

> Part of this is to contrast our spaces with the Startup
>  Incubator and Accelerators.  Those places often require
>  an application for admission, have month long programs of
>  classes and mentorship, and put participants in front of
>  Venture Capitalist and other funders.  Many
>  incubator/accelerators will take a percentage of
>  ownership in the company.

i just wrote to the hackerspace-rio list. hackerspace-rio is planned so they have no space. they do events, however, and the next is an arduino hackday. the hackday is hosted by an Accelerator:

event site: http://www.arduinrio.cc/2012/06/18/arduinrio-hack-day-21212/

host company site: http://21212.com/

maxigas, kiberpunk

--

"The members of the government know our arguments very well,
the demands of the Network are clear.  They *know* what we want.

Magic: http://maxigas.hu/maxigas.gpg
EE2E D824 B5C3 4544 C2B8  B75F 2183 52B5 8EC1 57C1