[hackerspaces] June Hackathon and Make Something Challenge

Robert Fitzsimons robfitz at 273k.net
Fri Jun 8 01:45:51 CEST 2012

The challenge for the June Synchronous Hackathon
(http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/Synchronous_Hackathon/2012-06-16) is
inspired by Adam Savage the co-host of MythBusters, who gave a talk a
couple of weeks ago at Maker Faire Bay Area 2012.

In Adam's talk titled "Why We Make", he describes how and why we are
compelled to make the things we make. He also introduces the following
manifesto:

"It doesn't matter what you make and it doesn't matter why, the
importance is that you are making something."

You can what the talk here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_otrgJ8Lmx4

So to support this manifesto I'm asking hackerspaces worldwide to take
part in the Synchronous Hackathon over the weekend of the 16th and 17th
of June.

And the challenge for members and visitors is very simple "Make
Something".

Robert

P.S.  I've blogged about it too http://blog.hackerspaces.org/2012/06/08/make-something/