[hackerspaces] Do-ocracy at 140 members?

quemener.yves at free.fr quemener.yves at free.fr
Fri Jul 13 03:04:14 CEST 2012

Also called a fork. I think it keep happening everywhere...

One is in progress (I think ?) here in Lyon along the lines between
hackerspace and fablab. We already have a smallish place, we do small
electronics and programming in it. It is low-cost and small project.
Some people want to do bigger mechanics with bigger machine tool and
were ready to pay more money to make this happen. We saw that while
the intersection was not null, the populations interested were not the
same for both projects. So the fablab will open soon in another place
in town. We'll try to not overlap our events so that people can
participate in both.