[hackerspaces] hackerspaces on resumes

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Tue Jan 24 22:49:54 CET 2012

Once overheard some folks with a hack space that'll remain nameless chat
about how the board elections are nothing more than fights for titles
that'll eventually end up on resumes.

My resume lists out that I've been part of a community driven hacker
space known as Noisebridge, which is a 501c3 nonprofit. I list off
focuses, neat things that have happened in the space, and what I've
learned through helping to make Noisebridge be what it is today. I
really don't specify any titles I hold, or even that I'm a member.

I feel that hacker spaces are about the robots that'll eventually kill
the humans, not the board that'll eventually kill the the hack space.

--
Rubin
rubin at starset.net