[hackerspaces] Geeks and Depression : Seattle

Willow Brugh willow.bl00 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 09:05:32 CET 2012

*Blue Hackers MeetUp*
Sunday, February 12, 2012
4:00-6:30pm
Jigsaw Renaissance (at the Inscape Building, 815 Seattle Blvd S, Seattle
98134)

Depression, anxiety,bi-polar, Asperger's, ADHD, and more...

Hackers, makers, and geeks are not immune from mental health challenges. In
fact, our subculture brings with it specific challenges related to breaking
down barriers to accessing support for mental health issues.

Join us for a guided discussion on:
-risks and benefits of seeking support
-how to survive when your brain wants you to die
-how to manage someone else's crisis without creating one of your own
-when to hire a professional brain hacker (psychiatrist/therapist)
-next steps to increase support in our community for mental health concerns.

*Led by Robin DeBates*, treasurer and chaos wrangler at Jigsaw Renaissance,
clinical social work associate; *and willowbl00*, organic chat client and
robot from the future.

This event is affiliated with the work that Arjen is doing over at
http://www.bluehackers.org to improve visibility of mental health and geek
culture.

Willow Brugh // willowbl00 <http://blog.bl00cyb.org/>
Schedule a meeting with me