[hackerspaces] Looking for similar hackerspace

UrLab hs hs.urlab at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 20:03:57 CET 2012

Hello everyone,

We are a small group (10-20 people) of students trying to create a
hackerspace in our university, the Université Libre de Bruxelles in
Brussels, Belgium.
We are currently trying to convince the authority of our university to give
us some space.
It's going well and we already have some support but some teachers are not
easy to convince this would work.
These teachers want us to show them similar hackerspaces (or fablab) that
are working and compare our project with these in order to prove them this
would work.

So here are the similarity criteria :

- It needs to be inside a university or be strongly supported by a
university
- It needs to be in Europe, preferably in France or Netherlands (so not the
US or this would have been too easy ^^)
- it needs to be working well (obviously ^^)

So far we've come across these hackerspaces :

- The Fac Lab in France (
http://owni.fr/2012/02/23/fab-lab-la-pharmacopee-anti-crise/)<http://owni.fr/2012/02/23/fab-lab-la-pharmacopee-anti-crise/>
- The PING in Sweden
*(**http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/PING*<http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/PING>
)
- The Turmlabor in Germany (http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/Turmlabor)
- The Fabriken in Germany (http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/Fabriken)
- The Base K in Germany
(*http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/Base-k*<http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/Base-k>
- The FAU  FabLab in GErmany(http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/FAU_FabLab)

But maybe you know some other hackerspaces (or fablab) that fit these
criteria ? We would be very grateful to hear your suggestions.

TL;DR : We are looking for hackerspaces in Europe (preferably France or
Netherlands) supported by or situated inside Universities.

Thank you for your attention, time and hopefully help,

Lauplesser from the UrLaB project