[hackerspaces] Fwd: Makers Wanted

Jerry Isdale isdale at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 22:22:36 CET 2012

"Proper Television is developing a new series about Makers"...

Interesting. A couple of my local makers (Garrett Lisi and Reichart von Wolfsheild) recently had a show (Invention USA) on History Channel.
(http://www.history.com/shows/invention-usa)
It was a rather trying experience for them. The RealityTV people want controversy, angst, humor and action - real or contrived. And a lot of it was contrived by the script writers.

I hope Proper Television does a proper job of documenting and not trying to overly glamorize or create controversy and questionable humor.

Jerry Isdale
http://MauiMakers.com
http://www.mauimakers.com/blog/thursday-public-meeting/