[hackerspaces] first aid

Arclight arclight at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 08:46:48 CET 2012

We just got done building a bunch of first aid kits for friends and
family over here. Here is my "open source" guide with the bill of
materials in the back:

http://23.org/~arclight/firstaid/firstaid_booklet.pdf

It's based on an article I wrote:

http://23.org/~arclight/firstaid/group_kit.rtf

The premise is that you want something that can be purchased for
$25-30 (supplies only) and packaged in something about the size of a 4
liter zip-loc. This could be a tackle box, clear plastic box or a nice
zippered nylon bag like the last ones I did. This kit is applicable
for about 1 year worth of minor injuries and small emergencies, or one
serious trauma event. Multiple kits can be combined for something like
a car wreck or industrial accident. The contents and methodology are
based on my experience as an EMT in search & rescue.

Hope this helps!

Arclight