[hackerspaces] Insurance Advice (for US hackerspaces)

Paul Brown paul90brown at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 03:17:55 CET 2012

We saw limited benefit from the Directors & Officers Liability insurance,
so we do not currently have that type of insurance. In Texas, the volunteer
immunity laws seem fairly broad and would cover directors & officers
performing their duties. However, I'm under the impression they would not
be covered if they were sued for something outside of their duties - like
libel/slander.

We probably need to get more quotes for D&O. The only quote we got on D&O
insurance was fairly high at $1237 for $1 million in coverage:
http://dallasmakerspace.org/w/images/6/62/Erindirectors.pdf

Are there more reasons why we should consider it?