[hackerspaces] Insurance Advice (for US hackerspaces)

James Carlson james at schoolfactory.org
Sun Dec 9 02:58:00 CET 2012

Thank you for sharing this information! For our space
Bucketworks<http://bucketworks.org/> and
level of insurance we have, here is the cost breakdown which correlates
with what you shared:

Annual costs:
Personal Property: $1569 - to protect member gear and stuff
General Liability: $1326 - $2m coverage
Computer equipment insurance: $168 - covers up to $25k hardware and $10k
software
Directors & Officers Liability: $352 - covers the board from personal
liability exposure -- I highly recommend every space has this type of
insurance!

Paul, would you mind if we document your information and link to it in
the Space
Federation's resources on
insurance<https://atrium.schoolfactory.org/spacefed/insurance>
?