[hackerspaces] club mate recipes - not open source right?

Moritz Bartl moritz at hackerbus.eu
Wed Dec 5 18:24:52 CET 2012

On 05.12.2012 11:48, Frantisek Apfelbeck wrote:
> # However one contradiction still remains, Club-Mate officials are not
> willing to share their recepies which is, at least for some of the
> hackers, hard to accept based on the predominant open source culture
> paradigm and growing DIY bio culture <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DIY_bio>,

Yes, this is still true and will likely always be true. The brewery is a
pretty standard brewery and not much connected to the "hacker" scene.

They've changed recipe couple of times, every time adding more sugar and
less mate to make it appeal to a broader range of customers. It
developed into a "club scene" drink over time, the "hacker" scene has
since moved on to Flora Power or Leet Mate, closer to the original
recipe. I like them both a lot more (my favorite being Flora).

I'm not aware of any of the three sharing their recipe. Makezine lists a
few Open Mates.

http://blog.makezine.com/2011/05/24/hacking-club-mate/

--
Moritz Bartl