[hackerspaces] SIP telephony / videophony network connecting all hackerspaces (was: Sister city hackerspaces).

Kristoff Bonne kristoff at skypro.be
Wed Aug 29 22:23:43 CEST 2012

Hi all,

Concerning "communication", I don't know if it has already been proposed
but why not set up a telephony / videophony "private network" for all
hackerspaces worldwide.

Wouldn't it be neat to have a phone (or videophone) in a space from
where you can just dial any other hackerspace in the world. You want to
ask something to somebody who is working on a project you are interested
in; just pick up the phone, dial a number and call him or hem at the
space she is working.

In theory, the only thing that is needed is one single server running
asterisk, a private numberplan and -in every space- any SIP VOIP client
ranging from a VOIP phone, an ATA with an old handset, a PC with a SIP
video client or an asterisk by themself.

Using conferences, it can also be used to stream video of events if needed.

Chéééééééééééério!
Kr. Bonne.